Innamincka Hotel South Australia
Innamincka Hotel is part of a remote settlement in the far North East of South Australia. It is accessible via unsealed roads with 500km of such road heading south towards Adelaide. The settlement is a popular oasis on the outback trail with campers, travellers, backpackers, farm stations, and Santos mines forming the bulk of the clientele. The Hotel comprises a heritage bar, large restaurant, 14 room motel, staff accommodation and a laundry.
200kWp of solar PV and 430kWh nominal capacity Hitachi Battery bank
- Diesel runtime reduced from 24hrs / day to 3-4hrs / day (winter)
- Reduced fuel consumption from 500-600 Litres/day to 100-150 Litres per day
- Expensive routine diesel maintenance reduced from four to one time per month.
- Investment payback approx. 4 years, then approx. 80% of total Hotel energy requirement is free for remaining system life
- System expected life – 17 years with Hitachi AVRLA battery [with Nano carbon] / 25 years Solar
- BESS battery bank comprises six (6) x 50kWh (usable) clusters. Each cluster includes 6 x Hitachi LL1500AS8 modules connected to SMA 24kW rated three phase sunny island cluster.